Our family of brands offer the best and most innovative youth and travel experiences in the world. Browse our available positions to find your #JobofaLifetime.
The Role: This role is focused on researching the cost of travel arrangements, negotiating and contracting space for existing programs and custom quotes based on ITC & FIT Packages for S-Trip! (Canada & USA).
• Submit, manage, respond and track group quotations via current system, in a timely manner
• Purchase of flights, land, transfers and tour packages
• Plan, organize and evaluate the purchasing activities
• Control purchasing department budget
• Develop purchasing policies and procedures
• Work to maintain strong and professional relationships with suppliers
• Conduct supplier meetings to review and negotiate contract terms and conditions
• Quality-control contracts and ensure all components are in place to meet required deadlines (attrition, promotions, EBB's, payments)
• Participate in the development of products offered
• Monitor inventory and liaise with sales team in order to maximize space capacity
• Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
• Fluent in Spanish is a must
• Minimum of 2 years working experience within the travel industry - preferably in a contracting/purchasing role for Canada, USA & Latin America markets
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Yield revenue management
• Travel required at least 5 times a year / one week at a time to attend trade shows and destination functions in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Costa Rica and/or new destinations introduced